Saturday, January 18, 2014

You Will Never Change

You will never change
As much as you pretend to
You will never change
After everything we have been through
You cannot have me and everybody else
I think more of myself; do you know the wealth of self?
Years of hurt, buried by continuous lies
Still after all that time, you never even try
You assume I will always be there
I did stay too long from hope, believing that you would care
Therefore, now that I am gone, you have turned a new leaf
I am proud of you; you finally want to live right
However, to take you back I would be a fool
Everybody knows a zebra does not change its stripes
In my heart you will always be
Because love never dies, once you have loved
However, look up towards the sky
Another story is being written from above
Our journey, our story is over no more hope
In distance or close range
I hope that one day you will prove me wrong when I say you will never change.

By: Xavier Jonte’ Thompson



No comments: