Saturday, January 18, 2014

One Little Drop

Yes, I know I can clearly see
Why you cannot accept me
My blood is red, attached to a crimson heart
However, we live in worlds completely apart
Am I not good enough?
Do you find me unworthy?
Truly, I was born from God’s mercy
I stand and wait, praying for the day
When you might say hello or look my way
Negro child born into circumstance
However, more than anything, I would love a chance
I look in the mirror standing proud, whom do I see?
A hurt and sometimes lost young man on a great journey
I embrace the pain, the hurt I carry daily
I will never be accepted, but in my heart, I am hoping one-day maybe
I stand tall and face the world
While society has emotions at deadlock
I guess my life would have been easier, if it was not for the rule called One Drop.


By: Xavier Jonte’ Thompson

No comments: