Monday, April 4, 2016

Pound Cake

Delicious, with every bite
Sensation, a caramel delight
Deep conversations with candlelight
A slice of your pound and it taste so right
I take a longer walk by the park, to see if you are there
The scent of pure lust lingers in the air
I do not know what it is or what you do
But, I am stuck like your hair tracks with discount glue
Give me a clue, as to why I am mystically spellbound
To seeing that pound cake and it is so profound
Red velvet, Yellow, Chocolate, something slight
Lemon, 7up and I will take just a bite
However, it if taste right I will be there all night
Caught up in a rapture of love
The Milky Way galaxy floats above
We began this love affair so long ago
Through many trials, our bond would slowly grow
I want to know, if it is more than infatuation
The warm pleasures on our sensual destinations
Beyond words and taste, I want you to be mine
Because what we have is nothing short of divine


By: Xavier Jonte’ Thompson